The distinguishing characteristics of Sheehan exclusive varieties are based on the premise that all varieties have two key “customers” with differing requirements – excellent growing and marketing characteristics for growers and excellent eating quality for consumers.
EXCELLENT GROWING CHARACTERISTICS
- High yields
- Spur or cane pruning
- Varieties with naturally loose bunches or easy chemical thinning reducing hand labor costs
- Naturally large berry size
- Red varieties that color naturally
- Excellent post-harvest/travel characteristics
EXCELLENT MARKETING CHARACTERISTICS
• Some very early selections and some very late selections.
• Available in maturity sequences that extend the current season.
• The range covers the production season with improved selections.
• Good shipping and storage characteristics
• Reliable varieties that consumers return to the store for